Be excellent to each other
We encourage everyone to look, listen and learn from each other. We want everyone to respect an individual’s right to an opinion – and to feel free to post your own individual comment (politely) on their posts. We hope to create an active and lively community that allows you to look beyond your own backyard, even if you’re just an armchair traveller.
So, here are the ground rules:
2. You must not post offensive or unlawful content. We’re reasonable people and if we think your content is racist, threatening, violent, too adult for our audience, or indeed just too gross we will either ask you to remove it… or do it for you.
3. You must not post defamatory content. This will really get you in trouble and could cost you a lot more than that Round-The-World airfare. If you want to know what defamatory means, read this.
4. You must not use the web site to post content of a commercial nature. This includes things like offering a product or service for sale, soliciting for advertisers, conducting raffles and competitions, or nasty things like pyramid selling schemes.
5. Staying safe and secure is an important priority when using the Internet. Keep your own and otherâ€™s personal information private, and do not post information that can be used to identify and locate either yourself, or anyone else, offline.
6. Severe Caution is advised when interacting with other community members on a personal basis. There is no surety that the information provided by them is accurate or truthful. World Nomads strongly discourages community members to arrange to meet with other community members. If you decide to do so, you do so at your own risk. But if you are going to do this, then ensure this occurs nowhere other than a public place.
We hate it as much as you – so we won’t if you wont!
So here’s the deal – we will not spam you… ever. So, you must not create or submit unwanted Spam email to any World Nomads members or use a World Nomads email address to send Spam.
If you think we’re spamming you, check out your email/alert subscriptions first and unsubscribe to anything you don’t want. If this doesn’t fix it or you have another complaint, please drop us an email.