The Seychelles are the only such islands in the world, based on continental rock. The archipelago is a popular destination for honeymooners. You’ll find there numerous sandy beaches with picturesque boulders, palm trees and stunning coral reefs!
You can transfer between the main islands of the Inner Seychelles (Mahé, La Digue and Praslin) by ferry crossing or by a plane. The biggest and most populated island in the Seychelles offers over 60 beautiful beaches, bays and coves. Anse Soleil, Intendance, Takamaka and Petite Anse are some of the most spectacular. Anse Intendance, framed on both sides by granite boulders, is one of the best beaches in the Seychelles.
Sunset Beach, with picturesque scenery and crystal-clear water, is located in the north-west of Mahé. Baie Lazare is a beautiful sweeping bay, famous for its appealing shoreline. Beau Vallon is some of the most famous beach in the Seychelles. It's a huge sweeping bay with calm shallow waters ideal for children. You can also hike from there to the gorgeous Anse Major. Anse Royale, enclosed behind a reef, is ideal for snorkelling.
Photo: haveseen, Shutterstock
How to get there:
Take a look at the flight deals to the Seychelles:
- Cheap flights from UK cities to stunning Seychelles from only £391! >>
- 7-night stay in top-rated apartment in Seychelles + flights from Budapest for €613! >>
- Cheap flights from multiple EU cities to stunning Seychelles from just €421! >>
- 7-night stay in top-rated apartment in Seychelles + Turkish Airlines flights from UK from £571! >>
- X-mas! Top-rated oceanview apartment in Seychelles for only €60! (€30/ £27 pp) >>
- Istanbul and Seychelles in one trip from London from only £387! >>
- Cheap flights from Minsk to the Seychelles for only €384! >>
- Cheap flights from Dublin to the Seychelles for only €466! >>
- Cheap flights from Riga to the Seychelles for only €380! >>
- 7-night stay in top-rated sea view apartment in Seychelles + non-stop flights from Frankfurt for €645! >>
- Non-stop from Frankfurt to the Seychelles for only €442! >>
- Turkish Airlines flights from London to stunning Seychelles from only £435! >>
Where to stay:
In Mahé we recommend you staying at 3* Forest Lodge Guest House with very good reviews. This 3-star property is located in Bel Ombre and a 15-minute walk away from Beau Vallon Beach. The property has a garden, BBQ facilities and a restaurant. Free WiFi is available. Each air-conditioned room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, and a telephone with the benefit of free local calls. There is a full a kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator, as well as a balcony. Private bathroom also comes with a shower. You can enjoy mountain and garden views.
In Praslin, we encourage you to stay at Chez Muriel Guest House with excellent reviews. This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Situated just a 5-minute walk from Cote D’or Beach, Chez Muriel features creole-style architecture and a spacious veranda with outdoor seating. The guest house also offers a tropical garden. The self-catering rooms all come with garden views. They also include access to shared bathroom and toilet facilities. Guests can use the shared kitchen and dining room. They can also relax in the shared lounge area, which has a TV. Chez Muriel is located within a 10-minute walk of nearby shops restaurant and boat charters. Praslin National Park is 5 minutes’ drive away and Praslin Island Airport is a 15-minute drive from the guest house.
When to visit:
Weather in Seychelles is good all year round. An average temperature of 27°C (80.6°F) means that the archipelago provides a perfect beach weather almost always. The best time to visit the Seychelles is during the driest months – between May and September. There is on average more rain between November and January. Tropical showers tend to last just a couple of hours, and are often localised to just one island. Even during these months there will be plenty of sunshine before and after the showers. From May to September the winds come from the south east, from October to April – from the north west.
Diving is possible year-round, but the best months are considered to be April-May and October-November. With visibility generally exceeding 30 metres and water temperatures reaching 28ºC, the archipelago is considered a divers’ paradise. The combination of calm waters and steady winds makes the Seychelles perfect for water-based sports.
For Destinations Fly4free click here >>>