The Seychelles are the only such islands in the world, based on continental rock. The archipelago is a popular destination for honeymooners. You’ll find there numerous sandy beaches with picturesque boulders, palm trees and stunning coral reefs!
There are plenty of stunning white sand beaches to visit on the second biggest of the granitic islands. Some of the best beaches in Praslin include Anse Volbert and Anse Marie Louise. Anse Volbert, also known as Cote d'Or, is the longest and the most popular beach on the island. Famous for the iconic granite boulders, Anse Lazio and Anse Georgette frequently make top ten lists of best beaches worldwide. The sand on Anse Lazio is as soft as talcum powder!
The beaches of the south coast are extremely shallow, and from May to October seaweed washes up on the southern shores. Anse La Blague is stunningly beautiful but quite remote. Anse Petite Cour is a small bay nestled on Praslin's north coast. The beach is framed by large round shaped granite rocks. Petite Anse Kerlan, one of the more popular beaches on the north-west coast, provides calm waters and beautiful rocky formations.
Photo: Simon Dannhauer, Shutterstock
How to get there:
Take a look at the flight deals to the Seychelles:
- Cheap flights from UK cities to stunning Seychelles from only £391! >>
- 7-night stay in top-rated apartment in Seychelles + flights from Budapest for €613! >>
- Cheap flights from multiple EU cities to stunning Seychelles from just €421! >>
- 7-night stay in top-rated apartment in Seychelles + Turkish Airlines flights from UK from £571! >>
- X-mas! Top-rated oceanview apartment in Seychelles for only €60! (€30/ £27 pp) >>
- Istanbul and Seychelles in one trip from London from only £387! >>
- Cheap flights from Minsk to the Seychelles for only €384! >>
- Cheap flights from Dublin to the Seychelles for only €466! >>
- Cheap flights from Riga to the Seychelles for only €380! >>
- 7-night stay in top-rated sea view apartment in Seychelles + non-stop flights from Frankfurt for €645! >>
- Non-stop from Frankfurt to the Seychelles for only €442! >>
- Turkish Airlines flights from London to stunning Seychelles from only £435! >>
Where to stay:
In Mahé we recommend you staying at 3* Forest Lodge Guest House with very good reviews. This 3-star property is located in Bel Ombre and a 15-minute walk away from Beau Vallon Beach. The property has a garden, BBQ facilities and a restaurant. Free WiFi is available. Each air-conditioned room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, and a telephone with the benefit of free local calls. There is a full a kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator, as well as a balcony. Private bathroom also comes with a shower. You can enjoy mountain and garden views.
In Praslin, we encourage you to stay at Chez Muriel Guest House with excellent reviews. This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Situated just a 5-minute walk from Cote D’or Beach, Chez Muriel features creole-style architecture and a spacious veranda with outdoor seating. The guest house also offers a tropical garden. The self-catering rooms all come with garden views. They also include access to shared bathroom and toilet facilities. Guests can use the shared kitchen and dining room. They can also relax in the shared lounge area, which has a TV. Chez Muriel is located within a 10-minute walk of nearby shops restaurant and boat charters. Praslin National Park is 5 minutes’ drive away and Praslin Island Airport is a 15-minute drive from the guest house.
When to visit:
Weather in Seychelles is good all year round. An average temperature of 27°C (80.6°F) means that the archipelago provides a perfect beach weather almost always. The best time to visit the Seychelles is during the driest months – between May and September. There is on average more rain between November and January. Tropical showers tend to last just a couple of hours, and are often localised to just one island. Even during these months there will be plenty of sunshine before and after the showers. From May to September the winds come from the south east, from October to April – from the north west.
Diving is possible year-round, but the best months are considered to be April-May and October-November. With visibility generally exceeding 30 metres and water temperatures reaching 28ºC, the archipelago is considered a divers’ paradise. The combination of calm waters and steady winds makes the Seychelles perfect for water-based sports.
For Destinations Fly4free click here >>>