Unique history, stunning beaches, coral reefs and underwater wildlife make Cuba one of the most sought after beach destinations in the world. The island offers its visitors golden sand, crystal clear sea and plenty of sun.
The Hicacos Peninsula is the largest and most popular beach resort in Cuba. Enjoy its 21-km (13-miles) white sand Varadero Beach with crystal-clear waters. Varadero provides a taste of the Cuban culture with its numerous museums, art galleries, handicraft markets and traditional live music.
Nature lovers can enjoy hiking trails, ancient wall paintings and the fauna and flora of the Varahicacos Ecological Reserve. Just over 20 km (12 mi) southwest of Varadero there's one of Cuba's truly impressive natural wonders - Cueva Saturno. This spacious opening in the ground (cenote) is filled with fresh crystal clear water. You can swim in the cool cave pools or snorkel to see the beautiful stalactite and stalagmite formations. Scuba divers can also enjoy 2 galleries with impressive marine life, at depth of 20 meters.
How to get there:
Take a look at the flight deals to Cuba:
- Last Minute: Cologne to Varadero, Cuba for only €250 >>
- All inclusive 7-night holiday in Cuba + flights from Amsterdam for €510 >>
- 7-night All-Inclusive stay in well-rated hotel in Cuba + flights from Amsterdam for only €510 >>
- Many UK cities to Cuba from £294! (full-service airlines) >>
- High season flights from many UK cities to Havana, Cuba from only £327 >>
- Non-stop flights from Miami to Barbados, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Trinidad and Tobago from only $179 >>
- Non-stop from Manchester to Santa Clara, Cuba for only £299 >>
- HIGH SEASON: Italy to Havana, Cuba for only €387 >>
- Washington to Havana, Cuba for only $238 >>
- Summer! New York to Havana, Cuba for $242 >>
- 7-night All Inclusive stay in well-rated hotel in Cuba + flights from Amsterdam for €610 >>
- Summer and high-season! Non-stop from Los Angeles to Havana, Cuba for $351 >>
- SUMMER: Paris to Cuba, Martinique and Guadeloupe from only €331 >>
- Business Class: Germany to Cuba, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica from just €1000 >>
Where to stay:
In Playa Santa Lucia, we encourage you to stay at 3* Cubanacan Gran Club Santa Lucia with very good reviews. Located in the seafront, this 3-star hotel is distinguished by its experienced staff and the variety of its entertainment programs. Services provided include a pool with an area for children, day and night entertainment, mini golf, children club, not motorized nautical sports, and sport areas (soccer and tennis court). Service of snacks and drinks is available 24 hours a day. All rooms have air conditioning, mini bar, phone, satellite TV, hairdryer and safe. The junior suites have a living room and view to the sea, and the standard rooms have view to the gardens.
In Holguin we recommend you to book Islazul Hotel Mirador de Mayabe. This well-rated hotel is a unique and charming property surrounded by flourishing gardens and offering guests a pool, solarium, restaurant and bar. Although this is a budget hotel, the hospitable Mirador de Mayabe is situated in a beautiful natural setting with magnificent views of the royal palm tree-studded valley.
What to do:
Water sports, such as diving, snorkelling, sailing, fishing, kayaking, kite surfing, water skiing, or paddle boarding, are offered all year long. There are many water excursions to choose from, like a glass-bottom boat cruise or a catamaran cruise with deep sea fishing. Take a dip among dozens of colourful fish. Swimming with dolphins is just a dream for most people, but this is your chance to make it real at the Las Guanas Beach. Pay a visit to Pinares de Mayari, a region blessed with natural beauty, boasting one of the highest waterfalls in Cuba. Nature lovers should go to El Nicho Falls on the Río Hanabanilla in Sierra de Trinidad mountains. The waterfalls can be reached by a short trail near Cienfuegos, which passes two natural pools where you can swim.
Varadero and Havana boast the only golf courses in Cuba. These cities will also appeal to people who are looking for nightlife scene with numerous bars, discotheques, cafes, and cabarets.
If you like art, visit Fabrica de Arte Cubano or Fusterlandia in Havana. If you seek for some entertainment, go for a salsa party. While in Trinidad, you should visit Discoteca Ayala, a subterranean dance club located in a cave. You can also go to Baconao Park in Santiago de Cuba to see 200 life-sized dinosaurs, constructed by inmates from a local prison. The lush Valley de Viñales, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is worth visiting. You’ll find there the Viñales Mural de la Prehistoria, an interesting work of art painted on a rock wall.
Visit the colonial town of Trinidad de Cuba, the UNESCO World Heritage Site built on the back of the 19th-century sugar and slave trade. Explore Che Guevara Mausoleum in Santa Clara.
For more Destinations Fly4free click here >>>