A measure that we hopefully start to see more and more this summer! The Government of the Portuguese Autonomous Region is supporting the cost of PCR or antigen test for visitors who need it to present it when returning to their country of origin!
According to the official Madeira’s Tourism website:
All passengers who have carried out a PCR test prior to their arrival at airports in the Region, at their own expense, will be able to benefit from a rapid antigen test or a PCR test for SARS-CoV-2, upon leaving the Autonomous Region of Madeira, should there be a need to submit a new test in the destination country, with the charges of this new test being borne by the Regional Government. For this purpose, travellers should register at www.madeirasafe.com, attach the result of the test carried out at origin, and by completing a survey at madeirasafe, express the need to carry out a new test when leaving the Autonomous Region of Madeira, free of charge for the traveller, according to the information laid down in Resolution nº 362/2021 (portuguese version).
This means that while you need to have pay for a PCR 72h prior to entering the region (unless you are in mainland Portugal or Azores, then you can do it for free), the test needed to return to your country of origin will be fully supported by the Regional Government, which is a pretty good help, especially if you need a PCR.
To be eligible for the free test you need to:
- Register and upload your PCR test result on Madeira Safe Portal before travelling.
- Wait for the authorities in Madeira or Porto Santo to validate the test.
- After the validation, you’ll receive an automatic questionarie asking if you need a Covid-19 test to return to your home country, which kind of test (PCR / Antigen) and the return date.
- After you fill up the requested information, the system will generate an automatic reservation based on your return date, which will be sent to your e-mail.
- At the date and time scheduled you need to go to Nélio Mendonça Central Hospital in Madeira Island or the Health Centre if you are in Porto Santo Island.
- You will receive your test result via e-mail.
In Madeira at the luxurious 5* Pestana Carlton Madeira Ocean Resort which features direct access to the ocean, two saltwater pools and a spa with heated indoor pool. The air conditioned rooms are equipped with flat-screen TV and ensuite bathroom
Main photo: Shutterstock
This post contains links to products from our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on these links. There are no additional fees for you.
Copyrighted 2022 by Los Internetos Lodziński Seremak spółka komandytowo-akcyjna Please be aware that this article and whole website is copyrighted. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the publisher.