Yet another major award for Singapore’s flag carrier, this time by TripAdvisor. In 2019 Travellers Choice Awards, the airline was named the best in the World, followed by Qatar Airways and EVA!
For 2019, Singapore Airlines was named the number one airline in the world and Southwest Airlines ranked as the best U.S. carrier. Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of airline reviews and ratings submitted by travelers worldwide, over a 12-month period on TripAdvisor Flights. The hallmarks of Travelers’ Choice award winners are outstanding service, quality and value.
The awards also recognize the winning airlines in four distinct service classes: First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy and Economy. Other categories include Best Low Cost Airline, Best Major Airline, Best Mid-Size Airline, Best Regional Airline and Best Regional Business Class.
Tripadvisor’s winners announced include:
- World’s Best Airline: Singapore Airlines
- World’s Best First Class: Emirates
- World’s Best Business Class: Qatar Airways
- World’s Best Premium Economy Class: Air New Zealand
- World’s Best Economy Class: Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in Asia: Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in South Pacific and Oceania: Air New Zealand
- Best Airline in Europe: Jet2
- Best Airline in Middle East: Qatar Airways
- Best Airline in Africa and Indian Ocean: FlySafair
- Best Airline in Latin America: Azul
- Best Airline in North America: Southwest Airlines
To check for more categories CLICK HERE.
You can read a trip report written by one of our editors about his experience with Singapore Airlines >>>
World’s Top 10 Airlines in Tripadvisor’s Travellers Choice Awards – 2019
1 Singapore Airlines
2 Qatar Airways
3 EVA Air
5 Japan Airlines
6 Southwest Airlines
8 Air New Zealand