Thailand will allow travelers from a total of 46 countries to visit the country without a quarantine if they are fully vaccinated against the novel coronavirus.
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha says Thailand will open the country to visitors from 46 countries instead of only 10 Covid-19 low-risk countries announced earlier, starting from Nov 1.
Visitors will still need to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test result for COVID-19 taken before they leave their home country. They also must take another test upon arrival.
The official statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs identifying the 46 countries as:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong
Test & GO: Quarantine-Free Entry Requirements From 1 November, 2021:
- Must have been in the approved countries for 21 days or more. Transit/transfer from the approved counties is not allowed.
- You must be fully vaccinated (at least two doses of the approved vaccine and the last dose must be taken at least 14 days before departure). Travellers under 12 years of age, travelling with their parents or guardians, are exempt from this vaccination requirement, but must have a Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling.
- You must have health insurance that covers at least US $ 50,000
- You need to test yourself before leaving. This must be a full RT-PCR test and the test must be taken a maximum of 72 hours before departure.
- You will be tested on arrival – a new RT-PCR test.
- Provide evidence of reservation in a SHA-plus hotel on the first night.
- Download the MorChana application as soon as they land in Thailand.
- If testing negative for COVID-19, travellers can go anywhere in Thailand.
The authorities have also released guidelines for travellers from other countries as well as those who have not been fully vaccinated:
While in Bangkok you can consider staying at the very well-rated 5* Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel, located along New Petchburi Road.
Located at just 10 minutes walk from the beach, 5* Grand Mercure Phuket Patong features an outdoor pool, fitness centre and air conditioned rooms equipped with a flat-screen TV and private bathroom.
Main photo: Shutterstock
Copyrighted 2022 by Los Internetos Lodziński Seremak spółka komandytowo-akcyjna Please be aware that this article and whole website is copyrighted. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the publisher