If you’re looking for a paradisiacal place with luxury resorts, picture-perfect beaches and stunning turquoise sea, Maldives are a great choice. The archipelago in the middle of the Indian Ocean is a dream destination for a beach holiday.
Maldives are one of the most desirable destinations for honeymooners worldwide. If you prefer a luxurious experience, Veligandu is a beautiful island resort, renowned for flawless beaches and lagoons. strong>Alimathaa also provides the perfect backdrop for your romantic break. Kuredu is one of the largest and most popular resort islands in the Maldives, ideal for golfers. In the luxury resorts you can enjoy pampering spa treatments.
If you travel outside Malé atoll then you will have to book a domestic flight or a supply dhoni. You can take a boat tour around the atolls and pay a visit to the smallest islands. To reach the remote resorts you'll need to choose a seaplane.
Photo: Kaspars Grinvalds, Shutterstock
How to get there:
Take a look at the flight deals to Maldives:
- 7-night stay in top-rated beach hotel in Maldives + flights from Kuala Lumpur for only $241!€ >>
- Cheap non-stop flights from Kuala Lumpur to Maldives for only $150! >>
- NYE! Cheap non-stop flights from Singapore to Maldives for only $174! >>
- Xmas and NYE! Cheap full-service flights from Seoul to the Maldives for only $387! >>
- 5* Emirates: Cheap flights from Moscow to Maldives, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Singapore and Thailand from €355! >>
- CRAZY TRIP! Around the world from Germany across 23 destinations including Maldives, Bali, Australia, Taiwan, Japan, Hawaii for €1378! >>
- 8-night stay in top-rated beach hotel in stunning Maldives + flights from South Korea for $493! >>
- Cheap! Non-stop flights from Frankfurt to Maldives for only €99 one-way! >>
- Maldives getaway! 2-week B&B stay at top-rated beach hotel + flights from Zurich for €554! >>
- 7-night stay in top-rated hotel in Maldives + flights from Dubai for only $380! >>
- Fly from Minsk, Belarus to the Maldives for €445! >>
Where to stay:
In Himmafushi we recommend you staying at 3* Raalhu Lodge with great reviews and breakfast included. Offering a barbecue and a private beach area, Raalhu Lodge is set in Himmafushi, a local island geographically recognised for its world famous surfing and diving spots. It is 17 km North of Male city and 3-minute walk from the white sandy shores of Himmafushi Beach and world famous surf point Jail Break. Each room at this guest house is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV with cable channels. Certain units feature a seating area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Raalhu Lodge features free WiFi . You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property. This guest house has water sports facilities and bike hire is available. The area is popular for snorkeling and windsurfing. Male International Airport is 15 km away.
If you prefer something more luxurious, we suggest you to stay at superb 4* Village Life Maldives with breakfast included. This 4-star property, situated in Maamendhoo, is 1 minute walk from the beach. Village Life Maldives in Gaafu Alifu Atoll provides accommodation with a private beach area and free bikes. Among the various facilities of this top-rated property are a garden, a terrace and a shared lounge. Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms in the guest house are fitted with a kettle. Featuring a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries, rooms at Village Life Maldives also have free WiFi. The units at the accommodation feature air conditioning and a wardrobe. Village Life Maldives offers a continental or halal breakfast. Guests can grab a bite to eat in the on-site restaurant, which serves Asian and American cuisine and also offers Dairy-free and Kosher options.
When to visit:
The high season in the Maldives starts in December and lasts through April. This is the best time to visit, with the highest chances of perfect weather. The off season months of May to August are mostly defined by the monsoons but in fact, the period from May till June can bring very high quality weather.
For more Destinations Fly4free click here >>>